This is one of the simplest dishes that I’ve learned and definitely one of my favorites. A lot of people like it so I’m posting it first.
- calamansi, about 5-6 pieces (for a 1/2 kilo of pork), medium-size, juiced, seeds removed
- salt & pepper to taste
- butter or margarine
- garlic, lots of it, minced
2. Put the pork mixture in a saucepan, add water, place a lid cover, then simmer for about 15-20 minutes over low heat.
3. Remove the saucepan from heat, then drain.
TIP 3: You can use the pork stock with your other soups and stews. You can keep it in your fridge or freezer for about a week.
NOTE: For a little variation, you may also add potatoes or baby potatoes during the frying process.
5. Remove from oil. Serve while it’s hot. You can use the toasted garlic as a topping on your rice.