- 1/4 kilo pork lover
- 3 tbs toyo (soy sauce)
- 1 tsp liquid seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium size calamansi, juiced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 large potato, unpeeled and slice
1. Place the liver into a bowl. Add soysauce, liquid seasoning and calamansi juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place the bowl in the fridge and marinate for at least 1 hour.
TIP 6: To save time, while waiting, you can do the cutting for the rest of the ingredients. You can also marinate the liver overnight.
2. On a hot skillet, add oil and butter. Fry the liver for about 3-4 minutes. Turn it over then fry again for about 4 minutes. Place on a plate and set aside.
TIP 7: Liver tastes better if cooked rare to medium-rare because it retains the juices. Over-cooking makes the meat tough and dry.
3. On the same skillet, fry the potato chips until cooked. The drippings from the liver will give flavor to the potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. When cooked, put it on top of the liver.
4. Still on the the same skillet, add the left-over liver marinate. Turn off the stove. Add the onions. The heat will be enough to cook the onions. Then put the sauce and onion on top of the liver.
5. Serve with rice.
*Disclaimer: I’m not a nutritionist and I’m not really sure if these foods are indeed rich in iron. So I suggest, do your own research. 😉