Another popular adobo variation especially for those who loves vegetables.
This is also one of my personal favorite. The good thing with this dish is that you can turn it to vegan by replacing pork with tofu or tokwa. Again, there are several versions of this meal. I hope you like this one. 😉
Adobong Sitaw (Yardlong Beans) Recipe
You will need:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilo pork, menudo cut
- 2 bundles of sitaw (yardlong beans), cut into 2-inch lengths, discarding the ends
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cubes of tokwa (bean curd or tofu), fried until light brown, cut into small cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
- Add oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion. Add pork. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook pork until almost brown.
- Add sitaw. Stir fry until sitaw has decreased in size.
- Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the fried tofu or tokwa. Simmer until the liquid has almost dried up.
- Serve with steamed rice.