This, I must say, is pure heaven. Definitely one of my faves. I pity those people who are allergic to seafood. They’re definitely missing a lot.
It’s fast. It’s easy. It’s simple. It’s fantabulous! You can have it as appetizer or ulam. A little pricey, though. A kilo of sugpo (prawns) will cost you about 350 pesos. But still a lot cheaper if you compare it to restaurant prices. And trust me, it’s really worth it.
How do you make one? Follow this simple recipe:
You will need:
- 1/2 kilo of sugpo (prawns)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut in halves; one half cut into slices, the other juiced
How to prepare:
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic.
- Add the prawns. Squeeze out the lemon juice . Add salt ad pepper to taste. Cook prawns until they turn orange. Garnish with lemon slices. Serve with rice.
- Do not overcook the prawns. The meat can get tough.
- Lemon enhances the flavor of seafood. Try it with your favorite fish and other seafood. No lemon? Use calamansi.
- Add a little Tabasco or chili flakes if you prefer it spicy.