What other ways to make your Sundays even better (and sweeter) than to whip up some dessert, right? This is your cheat day so forget the sugar and calories. Besides, what we’re about to prepare is fruit based. Buko (coconut) salad is very, very easy to make you can do this blindfolded. This is great for those special occasions or even as a weekend treat.
Here’s the recipe:
Buko Salad Recipe
You will need:
- 1 large can fruit cocktail
- 1 cup nata de coco
- 2 cups buko (coconut meat), shredded
- 2 packs all-purpose cream
- 1 medium can condensed milk
How to prepare:
Mix everything in a large bowl. Cover. Chill in the fridge. Serve.
- There are a few types of coconut meat that varies in texture. Tell your coconut vendor that you want the type of coconut meat that is chewy (malakanin) — neither runny (malauhog, excuse me) nor dry (like niyog). Ask the guy to shred them for you. Keep the coconut juice. You may drink it later at home.
- Remove the buko, nata de coco, and one pack of creamer and you got yourself a Filipino Fruit Salad!