I have a tooth ache since last night. It’s nice to know that we have creamy chicken macaroni sopas (soup) for dinner.
I know, I know, this is best served during the rainy or chilly seasons, but who cares? I want to enjoy a warm bowl (or two) of creamy chicken macaroni sopas despite the blistering weather lately. Besides, I can only chew on one side of my mouth, so this is the best option, or I starve to death.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. In my case, I’m waiting for my tooth fairy.
Creamy Chicken Macaroni Sopas Recipe
You will need:
- 2 pieces breast chicken
- 1 cup bony chicken parts (such as neck and ribs)
- 6 cups water
- a dash salt and pepper
- 1 piece chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pieces medium sized onions, minced
- 3 pieces regular hot dogs or chorizo de bilbao, sliced crosswise
- 3 cups uncooked macaroni pasta (elbow or shell)
- 1 piece medium sized carrot, cut into strips
- 1 piece small head cabbage, hard part removed, chopped
- 1 medium can evaporated milk
How to prepare:
- Place chicken, water, pepper, salt, and bouillon cube in a large saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat once boiling. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove chicken and allow to cool. Save the chicken stock.
- Debone the chicken breast. Shread the meat using your fingers. Set aside.
- In another large sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter in oil (do not burn). Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the sausages and the chicken meat and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken bones from the stock. Pour the chicken stock into the chicken-sausage mixture. Bring to a boil. Check if the water hasn’t dried up, add more if needed.
- Add the macaroni pasta. Cook until almost al dente.
- Add carrots and cabbage. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until both the pasta and the vegetables are done. Remove from heat.
- Season with pepper. Pour some milk before serving to your desired creaminess.